We, within Republic of Turkey Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry General Directorate of Water Management, are committed to consistently provide access to the accurate, reliable and global information that are necessary for water education, research and public service regarding water management. We aim to become a well-known scientific journal, indexed and referred at both national and international level. Turkish Journal of Water Science and Management is a reliable, innovative and peer-reviewed scientific journal that is open to all kinds of up-to-date technological and scientific progress suitable for the future education and research needs on water, offering accurate scientific information to all the readers.
Please kindly access to the main page of the Journal via “http://dergipark.gov.tr/tjwsm” to register as user and submit your papers through “Submit a Manuscript”. If you have any problems, please kindly see the related video via “http://forum.dergipark.gov.tr/t/uds-kullanim-videolari/488/10”. Manuscripts under review, accepted for publication or published elsewhere are not accepted. Please kindly go to “http://waterjournal.ormansu.gov.tr” to see the instructions for manuscript preparation. Manuscripts must be uploaded as PDF and MS Word files.
The crucial role of the journal Editor-in-Chief is to monitor and ensure the fairness, timeliness, thoroughness, and civility of the peer-review editorial process. The main responsibilities of our editors are:
• Selecting manuscripts suitable for publication while rejecting unsuitable manuscripts,
• Ensuring a supply of high-quality manuscripts to the journal by identifying important “hot topics”,
• Increasing the journal’s impact factor and maintaining the publishing schedule,
• Providing strategic input for the journal’s development,
• Organizing the flow of manuscripts by communicating with the authors, referees, and publishers,
• Describing, implementing, and regularly reviewing policies for handling ethical issues and allegations or findings of misconduct by authors and anyone involved in the peer-review process,
• Treating all authors with fairness, courtesy, objectivity, honesty, and transparency,
• Protecting the confidentiality of every author’s work,
• Setting up a reliable panel of expert reviewers.
Editors are also responsible for offering feedback to reviewers when required and ensuring that any feedback to authors is constructive.
A manuscript submitted to the Turkish Journal of Water Science and Management must be the original work of the author(s) and must not published elsewhere or under consideration for another publication in its submitted or a substantially similar form in any language. Every contribution excluding the invited papers submitted to the TJWSM will be sent to, at least, two reviewers selected by the editors in compliance with double blind peer review. The primary purpose of the review is to provide the editors with the information necessary to make a decision on publication. The review should also instruct the authors on how to strengthen their paper up to the point where it is acceptable. A negative review should explain to the authors the weaknesses of their manuscript, so that rejected authors are able to understand the basis for the decision and how to improve their manuscript in order to be published anywhere. The editors reserve the right to reject manuscripts and to stipulate revisions. Articles that fail to comply with the publication rules will be retroceded to the authors without being sent to referees. The manuscripts accepted for publication should be corrected by the author taking into account the editors and/or reviewers’ remarks, otherwise author's justification on refusing to correct his manuscript should be presented.
Manuscripts may be returned to authors in order to increase the authenticity and reliability and to prevent ethical breaches, and even if articles have been accepted or published, they can be withdrawn from publication if necessary. The Editor in-Chief of the journal have the right to return or withdraw articles in the following situations:
• When there is proof of ruling out the findings obtained by the research,
• When the article is undergoing an assessment or publication process by another journal, congress, conference, etc.,
• When the article is not within the scope of the journal,
• When the scientific quality and content of the article does not meet the standards of the journal and a referee review is not necessary,
• When the article was not prepared in compliance with scientific publication ethics,
• When any plagiarism is detected in the article,
• When the authors do not perform the requested corrections within the requested time,
• When the authors make changes that are not approved by the editor after the article was submitted,
• When an author is added/removed, the order of the authors is changed, the corresponding author is changed, or the addresses of the authors are changed without the consent of the Editor-in-Chief,
• When data used in the study cannot be provided upon requested.
Any statements expressed in these materials are those of the individual authors, and do not necessarily represent the views of MoFWA which takes no responsibility for any statements made herein. Therefore, no reference made in this publication to any specific method, product, process or service constitutes or implies an endorsement, recommendation or warranty by MoFWA. The materials are for general information only and do not represent a standart of MoFWA, nor are they intended as a reference in Turkish specifications, contracts, regulations, statutes, or any other legal document. MoFWA makes no represantation or warranty of any kind, whether expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or utility of any information, apparatus, product, or process discussed in this publication and therefore assumes no liability. This information should not be used without first securing competent advice with respect to its suitability for any general or specific application. Anyone utilizing this information assumes all liability arising from such use, including but not limited to infringement of any patent or patents.